- When I was a little girl, I often met a girl in my grandma house. I thought she was really cocky and annoying because she loved to yell at me, I thought she was my aunt’s daughter. It took few times until few months later to realize that that cocky & annoying girl was my own second older sister. I didn’t know her well because when we were kid she preferred to sleep in my grandma’s home rather than at home, therefore I never met her at my home. It’s very funny every time we remember that.
- One day when my sisters played together their friends (all kids around our resident) I sat and watched them played (I was “anak bawang” at that time, they never let me join them) suddenly I burst into tears & sobbing. My oldest sis thought I was bullied by one of the kids that play there. She mad at one of the boy and told him to stay away from me. In fact, I cried because I was stung by a bee.
- I wasn’t a healthy kid when I was a child. I got fever most of the time. When I was in the 4th grade of Elementary school, my classmate asked me why I often off from the class for being sick. I answered ridiculously that I had cancer. I didn’t even know what cancer was at that time, I just say it for fun because cancer –> kanker means: kantong kering. I didn’t notice it was severe disease. Few weeks later I was absent again and my teacher asked my classmate how was my condition recently. My classmate moronically told my teacher that I had cancer. The day when I was back to school I was skinnier than before. My teacher called me to her office and talked to me personally, very calmly & nicely. She said she was so worried about my health and wished me to survive. She even said I didn’t need to join exercise class or any subject that required physical strength. I was confused and didn’t know what to say, but I was excited that I could skip certain activity I hate such as “Pramuka” (boy scout), so I only said: “thank you, Mam, I’m fine” Every time I remember that moment I laugh at myself.
- When I was in the 2nd grade of Middle School, a junior gave me a x-mas card filled with love poem. It was the 1st time in my life there’s some one confessed his love to me. I took it and then ran away to home without saying anything to that poor boy. At home I hid and tore that card to pieces because I was afraid when my sisters/brother knew it they would tease me. This story also makes me laugh sometimes.
- When I was in the senior high school, I got my hair cut with my girlfriends. We all got the exact same hair cut. It was short and I was shocked to see my hair turned out so short. I went back home and cried. Until today my family still teases and makes joke of this.
- When I was in college, I got chicken pox. At first thing went ok, I just got some spots and slight fever. The spots turned out so scary in the days after. And I cried almost every day for I was afraid that the spots would last on my skin. My Mom was going nuts for this.